Milan, Monday 22 March 2021 - The international tender procedure for the regeneration of the Porta Romana Railway Yard in Milan, announced by the Porta Romana Fund, in association with the COIMA ESG City Impact Fund, Covivio and Prada Holding S.p.A, is in its final stages. This 31 March will see the announcement of the winning Masterplan, selected from one of the six finalist teams:
• BIG - Bjarke Ingels Group, Buro Happold, Atelier Ten, MIC - Mobility in Chain, Atelier Verticale, Ubistudio, SCE Project
• Cobe A/S, SD Partners S.R.L., TRM Group S.R.L., AKT II, Hilson Moran, Urban Foresight
• John McAslan + Partners, Meinhardt, Barker Langham, Makower Architects, Urbn’ita, MVVA, ESA Engineering
• OUTCOMIST, Diller Scofidio + Renfro, PLP Architecture, Carlo Ratti Associati, Gross. Max, Nigel Dunnett Studio, Arup, Portland Design, Systematica, Studio Zoppini, Aecom, Land, Artelia
• Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (Europe) LLP – SOM, Michel Desvigne Paysagiste (MDP), TSPOON, Work in Progress srl. (WiP), Drees & Sommer (DRESO), Elisabetta Lazzaro, United Consulting srl
• Studio Paola Viganò, Inside Outside, OFFICE KGDVS, Piovenefabi, Ambiente Italia, F&M Ingegneria, TPS PRO, Antonella Faggiani - Smart Land Srl
The press conference for the announcement will be open to all citizens, who can watch it at www.scaloportaromana.com
The date will also mark the launch of the Public Consultation - as per the Program Agreement on Railway Stations in Milan - for the purpose of collecting the city’s observations and concerns on the Masterplan that wins the tender. Based on the outcome of the Consultation, the architects will then fine-tune their proposal and draw up the definitive Masterplan. As we await the announcement of the winner, citizens can submit their contact details on www.scaloportaromana.com at any time if they wish to stay up to date with the progress of the Public Consultation.
From Monday 22 March
Citizens can visit www.scaloportaromana.com and submit their contact details if they wish to stay up to date with the progress of the Public Consultation.
Wednesday 31 March, 11:30am
Press conference to announce the winner of the international tender, open to the whole city.
To attend the event, please visit: www.scaloportaromana.com